Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Nuclear Power Engineering, Harbin Shipbuilding Engineering Institute, China
M.A., and Ph. D, Law School / Intellectual Property School, Peking University, China
Visiting Scholar, University of California at San Diego, the U.S.A.
Yong-Pei, LIU comes from Xuan-Wei, Yun-Nan, China and currently is the director of the Center for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law, Koguan School of Law, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He is council member of the Intellectual Property Law Association in China (IPLA). He has mainly devoted himself both to the teaching and research of the patent, trademark, copyright and Entertainment Laws, and the legal practice of clinical legal education, legal negotiation, mock court trial and so on for the past eleven (11) years. He has also devoted himself to the litigation of intellectual property right, particularly in the field of related patent litigation. He possesses rich experience dealing with the administrative process and litigation of patent invalidation, patent infringement litigation, the legal dispute of ownership and licensing agreement, etc.
Honors and Awards
1. “The Candlelight Prize” awarded by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2. “The Most Popular Teacher” awarded by Koguan School of Law, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
3. “The innovation and practice of cultivation mode for high-level legal professionals”, the First Prize, the Shanghai Municipal Award for Teaching Achievement, awarded by Shanghai City for the year of 2014 (participant).
4. “The innovation and practice of cultivation mode for high-level public decision-making talents”, the First Prize, the Shanghai Municipal Award for Teaching Achievement, awarded by Shanghai City also for the year of 2014 (participant).
5. “The three-dimensional reform of cultivation mode for excellent legal talents: case study and mock negotiation, the First Prize, the university-level Award for Teaching Achievement, awarded by Shanghai Jiao Tong University for the year of 2015 (participant).
1. Does Artificial Intelligence can be a genuine author?Liberation Daily, June 20, 2017
2. Copyright, Privacy and Related issues, Shanghai Book Review, Jan. 22, 2017. http://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_1605459
3. E-Commerce Intellectual Property Rights Protection in China, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal 28.8, August 2016.
4. Companies Need to Know Their Markets, China Daily, March 17, 2012.
5. Competition and Cooperation in IPR, China Daily, Dec. 9, 2011.
6. Meta-Comparison Theory of Patent Infringement Judgment, Peking University Law Review, Vol 12.2 (2011).
7. Business Methods Patents: Theory and Practice, Internet Law REVIEW, Volume 11 (2010).
8. Comments on Interpretation of the Supreme People's Court on Several Issues concerning the application of law in the trial of cases involving infringement of patent rights, China Intellectual Property, February 2010.
9. Patent Law: a Cooperation Mechanism under the View of Game Theory, Journal of Yunnan University, Social Science edition, Issue 6 (2009).
10. Learner Centered Teaching, Chinese Legal Education Research, China University of Political and Law Press (2007).
11. Patent Issues on Internet, in E-commerce and Internet Law, 3rd volume by Ian C. Barron, Fang Zheng Press (2005) (Chinese Translation version).
12. The Game Theory Analysis of the Technological Standard Strategy of Wireless LAN, Electronic Intellectual Property, Issue 8 (2005).
13. The end of Misreading: Comments on Gregory A. Stobbs's Business Method Patents, Electronic Intellectual Property, Issue 6 (2005).
14. Berkeley Technology Law Journal: Annual Review of Classic Cases of Intellectual Property Rights in the United States (2012), Intellectual Property Press (2013). (An editor of Chinese version).
15. Berkeley Technology Law Journal: Annual Review of Classic Cases of Intellectual Property Rights in the United States (2013), Intellectual Property Press (2014). (An editor of Chinese version).