From February 2010 to December 2015, Prof Shen was the full-time Vice Chairman and Secretary of the Party Leading Group in Shanghai Federation of Social Sciences. He was appointed successively as Deputy Director of the Institute of Law, Director of the Institute of Information, Deputy Director of Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences from1986 to 2002. Prof Shen accomplished civil law program at Waseda University in Japan as a visiting scholar between 1992 and 1993. At the 4th Session of the 11th Shanghai Municipal People's Congress in 2001, he was elected a member of the Standing Committee of Shanghai Municipal People's Congress, and the Deputy Chairman of the Legislative Affairs Committee of Shanghai Municipal People's Congress.
He also completed a number of research projects since 2017, including but not limited to,
- Legal perspective on the concerns arising from the reform and innovation experiment in China, by the National Social Science Foundation of China;
- Unification & harmonization between governing the country according to law and governing the Party according to rules, by China Law Society.
Since 2016, a series of articles from Prof Shen were published and referenced in CSSCI,
- The achievements and experience of China's legal system construction in the past 40 years of reform and opening up and its future prospects,
- The value orientation in expanding legal norm system to the new era,
- On regulating public power and strengthening the legal supervision system,
- Expanding the strength and depth of the rule of law in the respect of the judicial system reform,
- On the relationship between governing the country by law and governing the party by rules,
- the powerful impetus of comprehensively deepening reform on The judicial system, etc.
Recognized as a scholar of jurisprudence and legislation, in the past few years, Prof Shen has been mentoring the postgraduate courses in jurisprudence, modern western philosophy of law, legal literature research and related study.